Year-End Payroll Webinar
Stambaugh Ness is excited to present our annual complimentary year-end event featuring our team of experienced HR and Payroll professionals. This year our two-hour event will feature topics that will help you elevate your payroll department into 2019.
2:00 – 2:15 p.m. | Conducting an Internal Payroll Assessment
- Identify areas of weakness or risk exposure
- Recommended back-up plan
- Best practices for Reconciliations – frequency, practices etc.
2:15 – 2:30 p.m. | Payroll Tax Update
- 2019 IRS limits for Retirement Plans, HSA limits, etc.
- Expected Fringe Benefits Changes
- Form/document updates
2:30 – 2:40 p.m. | Break
2:40 – 3:00 p.m. | Generation Transitions in the Payroll Team
- Succession Planning Recommendations
- Prevention of loss of knowledge
- Who is the right next fit?
3:00 – 3:15 p.m. | Payroll Perception by Younger Generations
- Expectations for transparency and immediate access to pay stubs
- Differences between the generations and how it relates to compensation/payroll
- The critical role of technology
3:15 – 3:30 p.m. | Payroll Implications for M&A and Organizational Restructuring
- The missteps to avoid when creating new entities and/or closing entities
- The impacts to unemployment payroll taxes
- Communication strategies
3:30 – 3:45 p.m. | Multi-state Payroll
- When a company is required to set up tax IDs in additional states
- What is the trigger point for having a presence in a state?
- What other tax implications (e.g. sales/use) can occur when payroll tax accounts are established in multiple states