It’s Complicated: Construction State & Local Tax Compliance
For construction companies, doing business in multiple states can significantly complicate tax compliance requirements.
Understanding the impact of state and local tax rules and regulations before you are hit with an audit is especially important in light of increasing aggressive tax authorities. But it’s not easy, tax compliance is more complex today than it has ever been.
- 2019 Outlook of State and Local Taxes
- Multi-State Business State and Local Tax Nexus
- Cost of Performance vs. Market-Based Sourcing
- South Dakota vs. Wayfair U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- Sales Tax Planning for Construction Contractors
After attending this webinar, you’ll know:
- When to file a state corporate income and state sales tax return in a foreign state.
- The different state apportionment methodologies and their benefits.
- How South Dakota v. Wayfair impacts your business.
- Your next steps to becoming state tax compliant.
About the Presenters
Strategic Tax Advisory Manager
As a leader of SN’s State and Local Tax (SALT) Practice, Shane applies his significant experience to help clients navigate the complex SALT environment, ensure compliance, and enhance profitability. Working with clients in a wide range of industries including Professional Services, Construction, Real Estate, and Manufacturing, Shane has specific expertise in Credits & Incentives, Excise Tax, Income & Franchise Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence, Property Tax, Research & Development Tax Credits, Sales & Use Tax, and Unclaimed Property.
Tom Moul, CPA
Principal, Director of Strategic Tax Advisory
Tom specializes in customized planning that increases tax efficiency by considering the unique big-picture needs and goals of each client. Working closely with companies, Tom outlines steps to minimize taxes, identify alternatives, and understand tax implications and structure transactions.
Additionally, Tom applies his tax expertise to clients who are conducting or considering conducting international business ventures. His love of sports has given Tom an appreciation for the positive impact of coaching which he applies to his every day work by helping and encouraging others.