State and Local Tax Planning for AE Firms
Please join members of Stambaugh Ness’ State and Local Tax Services Practice as we discuss state and local tax planning strategies for architects and engineers.
- 2019 Outlook of State and Local Taxes
- Multi-State Business State and Local Tax Nexus
- Cost of Performance vs. Market-Based Sourcing
- South Dakota vs. Wayfair U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- Sales Tax Planning for A/E
After attending this webinar, you’ll know:
- When to file a state corporate income and state sales tax return in a foreign state.
- The different state apportionment methodologies and their benefits.
- How the landmark case South Dakota vs. Wayfair changed the sales and use tax world, and its impact on your business.
- Your next steps to becoming state tax compliant.
About the Presenters
Strategic Tax Advisory Manager
As a leader of SN’s State and Local Tax (SALT) Practice, Shane applies his significant experience to help clients navigate the complex SALT environment, ensure compliance, and enhance profitability. Working with clients in a wide range of industries including Professional Services, Construction, Real Estate, and Manufacturing, Shane has specific expertise in Credits & Incentives, Excise Tax, Income & Franchise Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence, Property Tax, Research & Development Tax Credits, Sales & Use Tax, and Unclaimed Property.
Tom Moul, CPA
Principal, Director of Strategic Tax Advisory
Tom specializes in customized planning that increases tax efficiency by considering the unique big-picture needs and goals of each client. Working closely with companies, Tom outlines steps to minimize taxes, identify alternatives, and understand tax implications and structure transactions.
Additionally, Tom applies his tax expertise to clients who are conducting or considering conducting international business ventures. His love of sports has given Tom an appreciation for the positive impact of coaching which he applies to his every day work by helping and encouraging others.